Tuesday, April 16, 2013

It's official...

It is official.  I can't eat cheese.  I will get a migraine.  I tried with caffeine one day last week and that too was confirmed.  So freaking upsetting!  I LOVE coffee and cheese!  

This past weekend we had one of the 8 y.o. friend stay over.  Before she came I asked Sophia what she eats, doesn't eat, etc.  I quickly made my way to HEB because lo and behold, the kid eats like every other child in this world.  I wasn't surprised, that child is normal.  My kids are weird and request stir fry tofu and veggies or salad with grilled chicken for dinner.  That said, I enjoy weird ;)

So I bought typical kid things: white bread (OK OK, I bought the white wheat, that was the extent of what I could do), hot dogs/buns, cheez-its, and strawberries (cause I heard she eats that fruit!).

The weekend was spent at the children's museum with an outdoor picnic.  We were quickly scolded by the manager of the museum that no outside food was allowed.  I just stared at her like I didn't understand her.  Sorry, but if I bought a membership then I'm not paying for your $2 16oz. bottled water, or $8 grilled cheese I can't even enjoy.   The kids ate PB&J, Lorna Doone crackers and cutie clementines.  Our visitor didn't eat the crust, I hesitated being annoyed.  The hubs and I enjoyed turkey (sans cheese for me) on whole wheat.  

The evening was spent at GattiTown.  So pizza, with cheese, is what I ate.  Our visitor didn't eat the crust on the pizza, I was annoyed.  I was already feeling cruddy that night.  Sunday we had cinnamon rolls, bacon, eggs, and strawberries.  Our visitor managed to find the crust on the cinnamon rolls and not eat it (what??).  I was uber annoyed.  Hot dogs and pirate booty followed for lunch. Then she went home after tons of outside play.  

Yesterday, the hubs worked late so I just made grilled cheese for dinner.  I ate it too.  It was so good, but I seriously had the biggest headache by 8pm.  I was miserable and know it's from the crap we ate over the weekend.  I should have known better.  

Today I still feel yuck.  I've got a UTI I'm on macrobid for, and some upset stomach probably from the weekend and nothing sounds good to eat.  Nothing except a grilled cheese sounds good.  So I made a run by Krogers (since my local HEB doesn't sell this) to pick up my favorite non-cheese cheese!  

Daiya, I love you.  You're not cheese, but I love how you melt and trick my mind into thinking you are cheese.  

Best grilled cheese ever, ya'll.  Happy non-migrained woman here!

No comments:

Post a Comment