Wednesday, March 27, 2013

A Migraine Sufferer's Dilemna

http://www.health.com/health/gallery/0,,20306955_2,00.html

That right there my friends is what I should not be eating.  Ever.  I suffer from migraines.  I have had them since childhood.  I can remember coming home in 4th grade with a horrible migraine.  I was wearing these awesome forest green jeans and a cardigan that I think reached my knees and just laying on the bed, a pillow over my face, wishing the pain to stop.

My headaches have always been that bad when I have them.  I have to lay in a dark room, with something over my head, no noise, and lots of ibuprofen to help it go away.  It wasn't until I was much older in life (hah, going through nursing school) that I realized they were migraines.  I just figured this is how other people experience headaches as well.

Today I woke up with a headache.  I popped 2 ibuprofen and drank a cup of coffee.  My noon I had to take 3 more ibuprofen.  I laid down for a nap and hoped it would go away.  I got up at 3:30 pm and still felt it nagging, so I took 2 more.  Still now at this time it's pounding.  I took 2 Excedrin migraine and a Benadryl.  So now I find myself looking at preventative measures.  Soon my kids will be home (in about 30 minutes) and it will start pounding again, I can assure you.

A while back I cut out so much from my diet for the migraines.  Cheese and chocolate were a big one.  Those were also the hardest to cut out.  Oh, and coffee.... I love having my daily cup of joe.  I guess I'm going to have to revert back to teas and Daiya "cheese" again.  <sigh> I love most of the foods on that list!

The added stress of buying a house and family drama (more on that later this week, yippee!) doesn't help.  We had the housing inspection today, which went surprisingly well!  It's a "clean" house as the inspector said.  Thank freaking Gawd!  I could use something in my favor every now and then.  I turned in the loan application today, and have to get updated check stubs/bank accounts to them.  I'm going to worry about that tomorrow at work though.  That headache is still there after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment