Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Starting the new year off right




It is officially 2011. Goodbye 2010, farwell, adios. It was a tough year, but 2011 holds many exciting new things to which I have to say, "Bring it on 2011... Bring. It. On."

So what has been going on since I secretly started this new blog... By the way, I think I'm about to go "public" i.e. let my friends know I have a new blog :). Many things have happened since November. I finished my third semester in nursing school! I only have one more to go. I will officially be done in May. Then I get to pay back student loans... woo hoo!

Other things that have happened... we moved out of my sister's house. We are on our own again! We are on the other side of town, but it is well worth the drive. I love LOVE LURRRVVVV my new apartment! I have made it a point to having it clean and organized. I'm pretty sure my husband hates the fact that anything of his gets shoved into some drawer, basket or closet. However, I warned him long ago when we moved that I would not live in a computer office. (For the record, he does IT stuff for a web development company.. which by the way, he LOVES LURRRVVVVS his job!). Did I mention I lurv it here? Because I do... :)

It's far away for the 5 y.o.'s school. It takes me a whopping 20 minutes to drive there. It's actually not bad, but the fact that the elementary school we ARE zone to living here is a block away makes it just a little bit annoying. However, I didn't want to switch her schools half way through kindergarten. If you knew everything she's been through you would probably agree. Anywho, she is one of the top readers in her class and did really well her first semester in kindergarten. She finished the semester having outdone herself in both soccer and ballet along with school I'm so very proud of her!

The 23 month old is my teeny girl. Little bit is so small! She is just now wearing 24 month sized clothes, and they are loose on her. I swear she eats too. As I sit here typing this the two of us just shared a whole box of shells and cheese. If not split 50/50, then it was at least 45/55. She packed down two bowls. She may be small, but she fits a lot into that package. She is either laughing uncontrollably, or standing in a corner screaming or saying "NO!" because you did something she didn't like or you didn't let her do something.

I head back to school next week. Little bit will start at a mother's day out program on Tuesday. I'm hoping before school starts to get one thing done... I just haven't narrowed it down to if it going to be a craft, a dessert, or what. Maybe a little bit of both?

Oh yeah, new year's goals:

1. Dedicate some time to my big gurl everytime. Just her and I. She deserves it.
2. Despite eating the 1/2 box of shells and cheese, I would like to lose another 25 pounds this year. I'm currently around 175. This time last year I was about 195 (the year before that I was pregnant and tipping the scale at 256, but have gotten to 250 not pregnant). I figure 20 pounds is completely reasonable and attainable.
3. Try and dedicate more time to myself, doing the things I love: crafts, cooking, reading, some sort of overall me time.

I can't really think of anything else. This year I just want to enjoy life. Good riddance 2010!

1 comment:

  1. First, hurray for blogging again! Second, I'm so happy things have been going so well for y'all! And third, I have no doubt you'll be achieving each of those goals this year, along with graduating (hurray)!

    ReplyDelete