Thursday, January 27, 2011

My Itali-Rican Girl



This week is cultural week at big girl's school. She has had an opportunity to share Puerto Rican snacks, Puerto Rican instruments (palitos), and yesterday she drew a PR, Italian and American flag. PR for mama's side, Italy for daddy's side, and the US flag for herself, since she was born here and is American. Tomorrow is their cultural week parade. They are suppose to wear something that represents their country, so I whipped up this shirt with some fabric paint. Hopefully she appreciates it!

4 comments:

  1. You did that with fabric paint?! Holy cow girl! Hope your Italiarican girl has fantastic day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, yeah just paint! My mom thought it was an iron-on transfer. I'm just super anal about my painting. I use to paint a lot, but haven't done it since having Sophia. So I had fun doing the shirt :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That turned out really good! Did she like it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. She did like it! The star came off in the dryer though. That was an iron on patch, I think it will have to be stiched on.

    ReplyDelete